One of the biggest frustrations dog owners have is when their big dogs turn into escape artists, wrecking their cages and crates while attempting to get out. Some owners end up having to buy a new crate, only to have it wrecked again after a few days.
Enter the Zinger Winger DX5000 Deluxe 5000 Aluminum Dog Crate, one of the most highly rated dog crates on Amazon. We’re here to discuss the features, specifications, pros and cons, things you need to consider before buying, and customer ratings in detail. This will help you decide whether or not this dog crate is the best for your home.
The Zinger Winger DX5000 Deluxe 5000 Aluminum Dog Crate measures about 40 inches in length, 28 inches in width, and 32 inches in height. Its shipping weight is 50 pounds, and can house dogs up to 150 pounds.
The Features That We Liked
The following are the features that make this crate better than many other brands.
Made from treated aluminum
Aluminum weight about 1/3 the weight of normal steel, and provides added strength and durability.
Vent holes located on each side of the Zinger Deluxe 5000 ensures that dogs get adequate ventilation, even while confined for longer hours inside the crate.
Lockable slam latch
For maximum security, Zinger has fitted a lockable slam latch, preventing unauthorized access to the crate door and therefore, keeping dogs safe and secure inside the crate.
“Silver Hammertone” finish
This dog crate has a durable “Silver Hammertone” finish, both on the exterior and interior. This gives the crate an even more polished look, and has added benefits such as preventing discoloration on a dog’s coat.
The Zinger Deluxe 5000 dog crates can be stacked in two ways: one over the other, or side by side. This makes organization and storage easier.
The door is created with solid bars for extra durability, and with a full length piano hinge to ensure that the door remains locked.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING
Here are a few things you should consider before buying the Zinger Winger DX5000 Deluxe 5000 Aluminum Dog Crate:
1 . Size of Your Dog
This dog crate is ideal for housing dogs up to 150 pounds, which means that this one is especially made to house larger breeds. For smaller breeds, you can opt for the smaller versions of this crate.
2 . Accessories
Aside from the actual crate, Zinger offers useful accessories such as removable wheels, airplane travel kits, and many more. Depending on what you need, you might want to look into buying some of these extra accessories.
- The aluminum body not only adds extra durability, but is also light enough to be handled by one person, making it easier to move around.
- The aluminum is treated and coated with “Hammertone Finish” powder, which prevents discoloration on the dog’s coat, therefore eliminating the need to for dog owners to recondition their dog’s coat.
- With the lockable slam latch, dog owners won’t have to worry about their pets getting stolen, even if they are away from the crate and their dogs are confined for longer periods.
- Even if dogs are confined, the crate’s well-ventilated design makes sure that dogs are comfortable inside due to the adequate amount of air passing through the crate. In addition, the aluminum also helps dissipate heat faster.
- Lastly, the crate’s modular design is beneficial for dog owners with limited spaces in their homes. These crates can easily be stored side by side, or on top of each other.
- There weren’t a lot of cons that came up from customers regarding this dog crate, other than the need to have an extra helping hand when setting up the dog crate since it arrives disassembled upon delivery.
It can also be a bit problematic to set it up because the instructions on the manual were incorrect, although the crate can be easily assembled using common household tools.
This item is under the category of ‘Pet Supplies.’
CUSTOMER REVIEW AND RATING
Customers who have bought this dog crate have shared how satisfied they were with the crate’s performance. Apart from their dogs liking it inside the crate, most customers were able to share their relief and feeling of security knowing that their dogs won’t be roaming around the house chewing furniture.
Some reviews came from customers who own German Shepherds Doberman Pinschers. This crate was durable enough to prevent these large breeds from escaping. Plus, it’s one of the crates that owners can easily fly with on an airplane.
Summing up the customer reviews, this crate got a 4.8 out of 5 rating on Amazon.
With the majority of large breeds being able to escape from wire and plastic dog crates, it’s important that owners need to look for a solid solution that would not only keep their dogs securely inside, but also would give them peace of mind that their dog isn’t roaming around destroying things at home. The Zinger Winger DX5000 Deluxe 5000 Aluminum Dog Crate would be one of the better choices out there, and guarantees extra durability, strength, and comfort for dogs.