We all love kittens. Kittens are adorable, lovable and innocent. For that reason, we should give our kittens the best type of foods so as they live with us for a longer period on earth and in good health. A cat lives for 11-16 human years. Therefore, for it to successfully make it up to this point, it must be fed well with the best type of foods starting from its tender age.
*Top 5 Best Kitten Food – Recommendation on the Market
***Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Feeding the kitten with the best food as discussed more in the paper will lay a foundation for the kitten to grow healthy and free of diseases. This article, therefore, analyses the different types of kitten feeds in the market and prescribes the best food to give to your kitten(s) for a good growing up.
How to Choose the Best Kitten Food
Since there are many types of kitten foods available in the market, I am sure you might be wondering how to choose the best feeds for your kitten. Below are some of the guidelines to look for.
- Kitten food depends on the type and age of the cat. Therefore, before deciding on any food to feed your kitten with, it is advisable that you consult your veterinarian first.
- The kitten food you choose must be a balanced diet. This ensures that there is uniformity in growth and that no excess portions of the food are fed to the kitten.
- The texture of the kitten food should be both dry and wet. This ensures there is ease in feeding primarily for a young kitten which can barely feed on dry foods.
- Best kitten food should comprise of fatty acids. This DHA helps in the development of eyes and the cat's brain.
- And lastly and most important, you should consider buying kitten food from a reliable brand. Some brands are not reputable and might sell harmful products for you which might affect your kitty's health.
- Should be free of byproducts.
Qualities of a Healthy Kitten Food
There are specific properties that should consider before deciding on the type of feeds to give your kitten. This property distinguishes between a popular kitten food and one that cannot be trusted. The features include:
- The food should not contain contentious substances such as preservatives and dyes. These controversial elements may have side effects which might affect your kitten's health.
- The kitten food should be free of grain. This is because the dental formula of the kitten is not yet developed and the grains might hurt the jaws. Also, this type of food is suitable for all ages of the cat.
- The kitten food should contain the correct moisture amount. This ensures that the kitten food is soft and can easily be feed on.
- The kitten food should not contain garlic and sugar portions.
- Should provide the right amount of proteins. Kitten are carnivorous, therefore, the weight of meat (proteins) should be higher.
- The producer of the food should also be known. Never buy kitten food from a manufacturer which is not recognized.
- Environmental friendly.
How to Use Kitten Food
This food type on its own should be balanced. Therefore it should contain proteins, carbohydrates, and protective foods in addition to it should be supplemented by fiber such as sweet potatoes. The feeding guide depends on the weight of the kitten.
The more the kitten weighs, the more food you are supposed to feed to the cat. You can click on this link www.m.w.ebmd.com to find more details on how the weight of the kitten connects to the amount of food it is fed. For the unused feeds, it is recommended that they are refrigerated to maintain their standards and also keep the food fresh and free of bacteria.
However, if the food we recommend for you is not the first type of food you have fed on your kitten, it is recommended that you should introduce the food gradually so as to prevent the cat's stools from being loose. Therefore, for the first two days use 80% of the food you fed the kitten before and add 20% of the recommended food. In the next four days, gradually increase the food by 15%. By the end of the week, you can confidently feed your kitten on it. This YouTube link www.howcast.com is recommended for you to watch so as to learn more on how to feed your kitten on this type of food?
Advantages of feeding Your Kitten on Health Feeds
- The cat's potential to live a better, happier future is increased.
- Since this food should contain all types of food portions required to keep the kitten health, common health problems in kittens such as kidney problems are addressed. Thus the kitten lives longer and healthy. Free of diseases.
- The food also acts like a toothbrush in the human life. I t scrubs off the food remains and for that reason reduces dental diseases such as tooth cavity.
- Vitamin C and E that should be present in the food boosts the kitten’s immune system.
- The food also keeps the kitten active, playful throughout its life since the carbohydrates present in the products provides sufficient energy.
Precautions when Using the Products
When introducing the product, add it gradually so as to avoid the kitten's stool from loosening.
Also, consider feeding the kitten depending on the needs of the kitten
After looking into different types of kitten feeds available online, only one of these products had the satisfying properties above. This kitten food is known as Addiction grain free and Sweet potato foods. This kitten food is manufactured by Pet Food (AF711483). Its market price is $46.48. The sweet potatoes in it are rich in fiber. It is balanced with high protein portions. It is also environmental friendly. The sweet fragrance in it attracts the kitten to feed on it.
*Top 5 Best Kitten Food Review
Weruva perfect cat food is manufactured by Weruva (Ref WU00021). It has a review of 775. Its market price is $ 53.24. This food is produced in facilities that are approved such as the USDA. The company obtains its raw materials from reputable and responsible sources.
Weruva has a straight, trustworthy link of proteins. For example, it does not mix fish meat with chicken meat. Each of the product is independent. The meat used as ingredients is also of high quality, boneless and skinless meat. Boneless meat is preferred by many cats since it is easier to feed on. This kitten food is also free of sugar, preservatives, and hormones.
The facilities used for storage of the food after production is of high quality. This ensures that the food maintains its high quality and also free from contamination. Weruva products are also grain free therefore accommodating all types of cat ages to feed on.
2. This classic cat food is also manufactured by Weruva (Ref WU00021). It has a review of 696. Its market price is $ 31.79. This food is produced in facilities that are approved such as the USDA. The company obtains its raw materials from reputable and responsible sources.
It has has a straight, trustworthy link of proteins. For example, it does not mix fish meat with chicken meat. Each of the product is independent. The meat used as ingredients is also of high quality, boneless and skinless meat. Boneless meat is preferred by many cats since it is easier to feed on. This kitten food is also free of sugar, preservatives, and hormones.
The facilities used for storage of the food after production is of high quality. This ensures that the food maintains its high quality and also free from contamination. The product is also grain free therefore accommodating all types of cat ages to feed on.
3. Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Canned Cat Food
Instinct Grain-free Chicken canned cat food is manufactured by Wellness CORE industries. It has a total review of 613. Its market price is $43.99. It is an example of a wet kitten food. Varieties of this type of includes: Turkey canned food and chicken canned food. All the ingredients that make up the food are natural. This helps boost the cat's immune system.
For the cat to grow a healthy skin, the meal is fortified with DHA. Every canned meal is balanced on its own. Therefore it is complete and can, therefore, be served without adding up other types of food.
The moisture in the food acts as a helping hand to the cat’s urinary system and reduces dehydration. Since most cats thrive on meat, Wellness Core has catered for all this, its food is of high quality, and each grain is rich in proteins. This boost the cat's health.
EVO Turkey and Chicken is a cat’s meal made in the USA. It has a market price of $53.99. With this, there is an after sale service of free delivery of the product. It is rich in protein. Proteinase food in EVO includes chicken and turkey.
It does not contain any grains, and this makes it easier for cats to feed on, it can also be feed on by cat at any age since it is a boneless meal. For the cat to grow a healthy skin, the meal is fortified with DHA. Every canned meal is balanced on its own. Therefore it is complete and can, therefore, be served without adding up other types of food.
The meal also is made up of raw vegetables and fruits. These fruits are both the protective foods and fiber. Vitamin C and vitamin E aids in boosting the immune system of the cat and keeps it healthy free from diseases such as kidney diseases that affect the cats.
If you're looking for kitten food that is wholesome but grain free, then the Wellness canned cat food is the best for your cat. It is a healthy food, rich in proteins and incorporated with real turkey, herring with DHA as well as chicken for a healthy brain and proper eye development.
This food contains natural ingredients, free from artificial ones that can cause harm to your cat. This grain-free canned cat food does not include any artificial flavors or preservatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What proportion should I feed my cat?
The eating pattern of cats is similar to that of humans. It varies depending on the type of pet and its age. Similar to humans, there is a proposition of food that a grown-up can take different from the meal amount taken by a child. Each meal, however, comes with a guide to help you determine the amount the pet can take depending on the factors above (type and age).
Is there a difference between science diet, traditional diet, and prescription diet?
For prescription diet, it is manufactured to contain detailed nutrition facts such as health conditions. These foods are available in your cat's veterinarian. Traditional foods are natural cat's food. This includes natural wheat and corn.
How can I store my pet’s food?
The food should be kept in a cool, dry place. This ensures that the meal is free from bacteria since they mostly survive in damp areas.
Can I buy my cat’s food online?
YES. There are online dealers such as Amazon who are authorized sellers and retailers.
How can I learn more about my cat’s food?
There are published articles online and YouTube videos as I gave the links above. The will provide much-needed information on how to use the products.
Cats have nine souls, but this doesn't mean they should be exposed to harmful food products that may reduce their life length. It is, therefore, advisable to use the best food products for your kitten so as it can growth healthy and active. The recommended food product, Addiction Grain free and Sweet potato grain is the best since it is made up of all nutrients that will help your kitten grow healthy and maintain the proper health.
- Best Dry Kitten Food Tips You Will Read 2017
- Best Wet Kitten Food Secrets Revealed !
- Where Is The Best Canned Kitten Food?