Taking care of a dog is one of the most rewarding things a person could experience. Pets make great company. They help alleviate depression and improve your mood. They also help guard your home, averting potential burglars and alerting the household if there is a suspicious activity going on.
However, there are times when you can’t be with your pet. As much as you’d like to be with them 24/7, that just isn’t possible especially if you need to go to work. It does feel awful. Many owners also worry about their dog, and for good reason.
Sometimes, you just want to know how they spend their day so you can make it better. Sometimes, you want to keep them safe. Fortunately, there is a great way to be with them even when you are not together physically. With the aid of the best dog monitor cameras, you’ll be able to keep an eye on your best friend anytime, anywhere, and help him stay out of trouble.
1. Petcube Camera
If you want a sleek and sophisticated looking camera to monitor your favorite canine, then Petcube will surely satisfy your taste. Besides, it delivers the following functions:
- It connects to your smartphone so you can monitor your pet anytime.
- It has an impeccable design, thanks to an interactive laser toy.
- Its design clearly stands out from the rest.
- It made of brushed aluminum. The curved corners are elegant, too.
- It allows real-time connection and communication with your pet.
- It instantly shares pictures and other related files.
2. BAVISION Wifi IP Camera Wireless Home Security Trailer Cameras Dog
Bravision is a reliable gadget and one of the best dog monitor cameras in the market. It efficiently lets you know what is going on in your house while you are away.
- It protects your home from intruders and burglars, not to mention that it keeps you updated about your canine friend.
- It can be installed easily – no complicated instructions in the manual.
- It is easy controlled.
- It can be connected instantly to your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet.
- It comes with a remote control for hassle-free use.
- It has an intuitive and smooth interface and system.
- It can be tilted at a wide angle.
3. Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser
It’s alright to monitor your pet, but wouldn’t it be more interesting if the camera lets you have fun while you’re watching over your dog? It’s possible because Petzi Treat Cam, one of the best dog monitor cameras, has the following features:
- It is fun and easy to use. You can watch your pet’s face change when it sees your face on the monitor.
- It has a built-in audio that produces quality and clear sounds.
- It has an Android app to help you control your device.
- It allows you to share content to social media channels such as Facebook,
- Twitter, and Instagram.
4. Pawbo Life Wi-Fi Pet Camera
Pawbo sounds cute but definitely looks cuter. Just take a look at its awesome and high-tech features, the blue and purple typography that gives the camera a fun vibe, thus suggesting that you have fun with your pet whenever you use it.
- It is capable of capturing and playing live video – in HD.
- It can be tilted at a wide angle.
- It is connected to your mobile device (bond with your pet everywhere you go!)
- It also has a built-in microphone, speaker, laser, and treat dispenser! Imagine giving your favorite dog a reward for being a good boy! And through a monitor camera, too!
- It takes photos, which are transferred and shared over social media.
- It comes with a remote Pawbo theme park accessory pack and a Pawbo Life app for techie support.
5. PetChatz HD
Have fun with your pet with this new camera from PetChatz (in HD, as well!).
- It has a two-way audio and video that lets you interact with your dog. Just download the app and you’re good to go!
- It has a soothing scent to pacify an agitated or too excited pet.
- It has a streamlined design that prevents your dog from chewing or fumbling with the dog monitor camera.
- It can be installed on your wall – you don’t have to worry about it falling.
- It allows you to record precious moments of your dog and share it over social media sites.
6. Plater Smart Baby Monitor Wifi Video Camera
The Plater Smart Baby Monitor Wifi video Cam is not just for babies. They’re also for pets. Here’s what you get from one of the best dog monitor cameras:
- It lets you view or watch your pet using your mobile phone – it works with IOS and Android devices.
- It allows live video streaming and audio recording.
- It has a motion detection system and video recorder that provides real-time notifications especially when something alarming happens back at home.
- It uses invisible infrared light to help you see and monitor in the dark.
7. Vimtag VT-361 Super HD WiFi Video Monitoring Surveillance Security Camera
Have you ever wondered how you can monitor your dog 24/7? With best dog monitor cameras such as Vimtag, you can be at ease at what is happening at home even when you are out.
- It is designed for indoor use.
- It has remote live video streaming – use your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone for this.
- It detects even the slightest movement.
- It alerts you immediately when there is an activity, suspicious or otherwise.
- It can be tilted at various angles.
8. Motorola Pet Scout600 Remote Wireless Pet Monitor
Motorola, the mobile phone giant, has also introduced its own version of a remote dog monitor camera.
- It has a diagonal colored screen for clearer images.
- It is designed for close monitoring of your pets.
- It allows you to communicate with your pets even when you are physically far from each other.
- It has an LCD screen that can be tilted depending on the angle that you want.
- It has infrared night vision.
9. Petkit Pet Activity Monitor for Dogs and Cats
Who knew that some of the best dog monitor cameras can detect the moods of your pets? That is possible through PetKit.
- It monitors all activities of your favorite canine.
- It tracks their sleep and calorie expenditure! You can keep your pet healthy and functioning even while you’re away.
- It has a Health Analysis feature, which is not present in other cameras. In other words, PetKit prioritizes your dog’s health.
- It alerts you in real-time, complete with automatic updates.
- It doesn’t consume a lot of energy.
10. Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P (1920TVL) Wireless WiFi IP Camera
Armcrest Camera is your ally in monitoring your pet and your home. Here’s why:
- It shows what your pet is doing in a stunning full high-definition video.
- It records pictures and videos as well.
- It stores files in a cloud system.
- It directly connects to your gadgets.
- Its monitor can be tilted at 90 degrees.
- It seamlessly streams live video – perfect for bondings with your pet.
- It has Intelligent Digital Zoom.
- It has LED Night Vision to help you monitor even in the dark. This night vision can reach up to 32 feet.
11. Wansview Full-HD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera
Just like other best dog monitor cameras, Wansview feature state of the art technology such as the following:
- It captures images and records videos at 1080p resolution.
- It has WiFI functionality so you can transfer those recorded images and video to the cloud and access them anywhere.
- It supports live streaming on your Android phone.
- It supports a quick Wifi setup using your phone.
- It has a Micro SD card for a bigger storage space.
- Bonus: It detects temperature and humidity.
12. Motorola Scout1100 Remote Wireless Outdoor Video
Here’s yet another product from the manufacturer of the best dog monitor cameras in the market today.
- It is a remote wireless monitor. Say goodbye to cords that cause tripping (or could become targets of chewing for your dog).
- The full color LCD screen helps you appreciate and see images more clearly.
- It has been designed for close monitoring of your pets. You can actually track your pet using the Scout Remote Video.
- It is expandable up to four outdoor cameras that you can set up everywhere.
- It has a tilt, pan, and zoom features.
13. iFamCare Helmet 1080p Wi-Fi Remote Pet Cam Monitor with Pet Laser
Smart alerts are important in monitoring your home and your pet., and this is what iFamcare Helmet can offer.
- It is easily installed. No special configurations required.
- It alerts you instantly on what is happening to your pet.
- It has air and motion sensors, as well as an interactive pet laser.
- It allows you to check out your pet through the iFamcare Android and IOS apps.
- It is compatible with most devices, including PCs and tablets.
- It encourages pets to play and have fun with the laser beam.
If you prefer an ultra-sensitive monitoring camera for your dog, look no further. Blink is here.
- It has a motion detector and a built-in motion sensor alarm that lets you know if there is an activity in your home.
- Its Wifi cameras send you snapshots in real time.
- It allows recording of events and images.
- It is supported by a wireless (battery) system, a Blink Sync Module, and other related accessories.
- It can be installed in minutes!
- It allows live streaming.
15. Nest Cam Security Camera
The Nest Cam Indoor security camera will help you watch over your home and family – and especially your pet – when you are out and having fun. Using the Nest Cam will never be a bore.
- It allows live video streaming for real-time interaction with your pet.
- It is supported by the Nest app, where all of your needs are found.
- It is powered by electricity so you can monitor all day.
- It has a built-in alert system that keeps you updated every time.
16. Zmodo 1.0 Megapixel 1280 x 720 Pan & Tilt Smart Wireless IP Network Security Camera
Zomdo is best if you want a security camera that does not require a lot of work to install.
- It is installed in seconds! Simply turn the camera on and key in the wifi password. The system configures on its own.
- It sends push alerts to your phone the moment the dog monitor camera senses motion.
- It comes with a warranty!
- It allows you to view remotely, anytime and anywhere.
- It can be tilted at 85 degrees.
- It comes with a micro SD card for storing files and photos.
17. Hoison Smartfeeder Camera
This camera allows you to make sure your pets are fed on schedule. With it, you can share content online. It’s also a pretty useful tool for security.
- It works with a Wi-Fi connection.
- You can get tech support through the free mobile app for Android phones.
- Installation takes 15 minutes.
- It allows offline feeding and portion control at the same time. Your pet won't go hungry even when they are left alone in the house.
- The timer for feeding is programmable.
- It supports interaction in real time.
- The camera is in high quality HD, with over 2 million pixels.
How to Choose from the Best Dog Monitor Cameras
First, think of the primary functions. The camera should be able to detect motion and activity so it would know when to start recording. The sensors should be sensitive enough.
Second, you might want a camera that could capture photos well. This comes in handy when you need to record suspicious activity. On the other hand, it’s also good to record great bonding moments with your dog.
Next, it’s best that the camera does not consume too much power, but it could be too much of a hassle if you need keep changing batteries. In this case, plugged-in cameras could be better.
In addition, you might want to consider one that allows you to communicate to your dog via audio. Some cameras also allow you to “send” treats or food through a dispenser. The best dog monitors allow live streaming and audio recording. Pets respond and behave better when they hear the voices of their masters. This is also a good way for pets and their owners to bond. Besides, it's fun to watch pets and their antics.
If your goal is to capture images and video clips of your pet and share these content over your personal social media sites, look for those with Wi-Fi connectivity features and cloud storage capability.
Useful gadgets such as these can be worth the investment. Don’t look at the price alone though. Expensive cameras don't necessarily mean they will stand the test of time.
These cameras work with Android and iOS apps. It's the perfect setup for those who need to work with a tablet or a mobile phone. It will allow you to take better care of your pet.